Friday, August 20, 2010

Where Is The 6th Cervical Vertabrea Wow

It's been a long time since I posted. I moved to an apartment outside campus. Right now I'm on vacation both from studying (for the summer) and working (for about three weeks, their short break before fall term). So I'm with my girlfriend visiting her family. I've been here before, but I wasn't a boyfriend at the time, only a friend. Our trip here was:

1. bus from home (on Haidian island) to the bus stop (on Hainan island itself) where we could take the bus to the train station
2. bus to train station
3. train from Haikou (the city we live in) to Hangzhou (the capital of Zhejiang province, and the closest the train gets to where we're going) -- this was the bulk of the trip, over 30 hours.
4. bus from Hangzhou train station to Hangzhou bus station (at 5:30 am)
5. bus from Hangzhou (city) to Tiantai (city)
6. bus from Tiantai bus station to Pingqiao township
7. tuk-tuk (3-wheel motorcycle taxi) from bus stop to her parents' home

In total it took 42 hours, and I managed to sleep about 2 of them, in several 10-20 minute spurts. The only portion of the trip on which we had so much as reclining seats was the 2.5-hour intercity bus leg of the trip (step 5 above). But at least we had seats this time. On the way back from Hangzhou to Guangzhou last time, we had no seats at all for like 19 hours. (And then I subsequently fell asleep on the bus to Zhuhai, causing me to miss my stop.)

I'm mostly recording this so that I'll remember it, but in case you're interested, here's where I am now(That is, where, my girlfriend's family lives) (Written in big-to-small order, like They Do in Chinese):

China (country), Zhejiang (province), Taizhou ( prefecture ), Tiantai (county) , Pingqiao (township), Dongtangxia (village).

By way of comparison, Just Because it's interesting: where I live and study in China is:

China (country), Hainan (province), Haikou (city), Meilan (district), Haidian (island)

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment