In total, we visited three places in Malaysia, Not Merely counting Those we pass through (or over) or in Which we only saw the bus terminal. Those three places - Penang, Kuala Lumpur, and Melaka - Are Probably the top three tourist destinations in the country (at least, That's What the Existence of Our Lonely Planet book dedicated Exclusively to Those Three Would Indicate).
Some I've Already Written about the country in recent posts, but here are my pictures, and the rest of my description, from Our trip There.
As I've Mentioned, this WAS trip occasioned by my mom (Pictured Above, in Penang) Having a conference in Singapore, prompting me to go there to visit her, and then us to travel arond together after that for a week.
Penang, where these first pictures are from, is an island. I've already written one post about it, last week or so. One side trip that we took from the city (which is actually called George Town) was to a beach (nick?)named \he beach necessitated a bus ride and then a boat ride (and then the reverse to get back), but we opted for that rather than the expensive package tour, with included seafood barbecue and stuff, that we were offered. And as it turned out, the regular city bus was quite nice, if a little too air conditioned (as I've noticed many places and vehicles being, all through our travels in the region -- but in some ways that's better than not air conditioned enough, especially when you're talking about buses and the like).
So the pictures above are all from Penang; the pictures below are all from Melaka (also spelled Malacca). I'm not posting any pictures from Kuala Lumpur because I didn't really take any that I think are worth posting. But if you really want to, you can Google \
0 comments:
Post a Comment