Monday, May 3, 2010

Gia Mancini Tickles Feet Of Cute Blonde Karaoke

I went karaokeing (?) twice this week. I'm learning more and more Chinese songs, which is fun, but I really have to memorize them well before I can sing them at karaoke (KTV), because I can't really read the Chinese characters that fast as they go by. Plus the fact that in a lot of the KTV videos they use traditional characters instead of simplified ones. I'm not sure why that is. (They use still use traditional characters in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and many overseas Chinese communities, but not in the mainland anymore.) I'm not sure if it's because a lot of the popular artists are from Hong Kong or Taiwan, or if that's just where a lot of the videos are produced or something.

Karaoke is very popular here, in case you hadn't heard. It's one of the primary activities that people go out and do. Which I like, But It's Often pretty expensive. It is done in a private room at a KTV place, Not like in the front of a restaurant or bar or Something. The KTV places Are Generally really fancy, glittery, shiny, upscale. And really big. Really really big. And one of the MOST interesting about it Things That to me is singing is Such a part of the culture here, That Nearly everybody does it. In the U.S., I Would say, MOST people Would not want to sing in front of people, events Their friends. Even If They can sing alright, a lot of people think They can not, and Do not Want to try. Here, everybody sings. Some People Are really good, of course, and Some people are not, But nobody Seems too embarrassed to try - And Also, nobody cares if you're not good. It's really nice. CHT
MLXC .

0 comments:

Post a Comment