Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Durasig Material Cleaning Singapore



So I'm in Singapore. My mom has a work conference here, so I flew down to visit with her and see someplace I'd never been before.

It's nice enough, but to paraphrase what my brother said about Macao, you kind of have to be rich to enjoy it. There's a lot of activities here -- theme parks and such -- if you're willing to pay the fees, but there's not a lot to do or see other than that. With the exception of just walking around the city, looking at skyscrapers and fancy hotels, and the architecture is varied and interesting I guess if you're into that, but they're just buildings after all.

Photobucket

One thing that's very cool about here is the diversity. They have four officiallanguages, and the people on the street Communicate, as best as my ear Can Tell, in all of them to. Mostly I hear Inglés and Chinese, But Also at times Something That I Do not Recognize spoken by East-Asian-looking people, Which I take to Be Malay, And Then the sizeable Indian community largely speak Tamil. I Have to Say That it's nice to see people of Different Colors walking around, to hear and see A variety of languages, available to Have a bunch of Different kinds of food (Including Some I've Never Been Exposed to before: we ate yesterday Nepalese for dinner), to see temples of Different faiths (so far I've seen a cathedral, a Methodist church, a couple Hindu temples around Little India, Where We Spent a large Portion of yesterday, and a couple of Muslim mosques) etc. Was a Little Indiacool place. The Abundant Does not Hurt Either Indian food. As far as the spoken Inglés here, everybody Seems to speak it, But Sometimes it's hard for me to understand. The common accent (or dialect) of the sounds a little bit similar at times to the Thai accent my classmates Have That When They speak Inglés, and the Indian people's sounds like Indian Inglés Inglés.

Photobucket Today

Danielle * and I visited the Singapore Botanical Garden and National Orchid Garden, Which was nice and Not incredibly expensive, and peaceful and pleasant Until we started getting Rain on.

* Danielle is my mom's friend-and-former-colleague's daughter, we hung out together today while respective Our Parents Were doing work stuff
CHT
MLXC Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment