Monday, June 28, 2010

Stone Clan Lotta Topp Cast Penang, Malaysia


We are now in Malaysia, on an island called Penang (or Pinang). Pulau Penang, if you want to be exact, but Pulau just means \ted experience, Religious standards Something That Are Not Are enforced upon the Population, as in Some Countries, the People Are Other relgions free to practice, Women Are Free to Not Cover Their necks and hair and so forth If They choose, etc.

I Guess What I did not like about Singapore WAS That large parts of it seem to Did not Really Have A "soul." Not That There Were not Things I Appreciate about it (eg, Little India), pero WAS the downtown area all very generic. Someplace That Would Be Hard to "fall in love with." Malaysia (again, so far) is Not Like That. There is definitely a lot of character here in Penang. Maybe There Is in Singapore too, and we just Did not get out to it, but here it's easy to find. We've seen lots

of Chinese temples and decaying colonial buildings. Today we took an hour-long bus trip outside Georgetown on a regular city bus (which was very clean, modern, and comfortable, I might add) to go to Penang National Park, and then took a boat to a beach called Monkey Beach. I only saw one monkey, but the beach itself was quite nice. Small, isolated, with white sand, and very few tourists there visiting.

Tomorrow morning we head off to Indonesia, to the island of Sumatra, to hopefully see some orangutans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment