There's a holiday this week in China, which means we have class on Saturday and Sunday, to make up for missing Monday and Tuesday. I refuse to go out of principle. Here in general people are very lax about scheduling things at the last minute and expecting people to be free. Even classes and school events. It's kind of weird: students have their teachers' cell phone numbers and vice versa. I don't know how many times I've been hanging out with some friend and they get a call from their teacher telling them they have to go do something. (I've never heard of that happening in the US.)
Anyway, so yesterday was Saturday and I didn't have to work because of the holiday. (I have to work Monday and Tuesday instead of my regular Friday and Saturday) so I went to the beach. I haven't gone to the beach too much, but I feel like I should go more often, since it's right here. I didn't go that much when I was in Peru either, which I kind of regret. Anyway, on the way back from the beach there was this huge rainbow over campus, and since I was coming from the beach I had my camera with me, so I thought I'd share this with you. If you don't care about rainbows, then just view this as a picture of part of the Hainan University campus, which I have posted very few pictures of. (You may have noticed that I've started posting some pictures again; my photo-hosting site has started working again without jumping through a proxy, which means I can actually upload photos for you guys again. (I did try to use a different site in the interim, but it didn't work either.)
CHT
0 comments:
Post a Comment